Subject: Feedback sought for article on preservation of movie posters

Feedback sought for article on preservation of movie posters

From: John Green <johng>
Date: Tuesday, August 29, 1995
    **** Moderator's comments:
    This query comes from a person who is not on the DistList and
    will not see any responses that are posted here.  Please respond
    directly to sender.

I am a dealer in collectible movie posters with a major www exhibit
devoted to this endeavor <URL:http://www.musicman.com/mp/mp.html>

I have been thinking and reading lately about how best to preserve
old posters, and have come to the conclusion that encapsulation is
probably the best way to go most of the time, though linen backing
and lamination do have their uses as well.

I want to put a short piece up on the web that addresses the major
issues in paper preservation, and have produced a draft which is
located at:

    <URL:http://www.musicman.com/mp/conserv.html>

If any readers of this list have the time or the inclination to read
it and offer corrections or feedback, I would be most appreciative.
I am very much the newcomer to these matters.

John

                 Distributed: Thursday, August 31, 1995