Subject: Preserving unbound papers

Preserving unbound papers

From: Jenni Boone <jrb065t>
Date: Wednesday, August 16, 1995
I am very new to conservation, and have been asked by one of the
librarians to work on preserving a number of items from our Special
Collections.

Most of them I can figure out, but there are a number of loose pages
in a large variety of sizes that need to be preserved in some way
and stored.  I thought about having them laminated or placed in
folders or pockets and putting all of the loose pages in one large,
flat box.  The papers range in size from approx//. 6"x9" to approx//.
15"x24". Any suggestions are very welcome.

Jenni Boone
Library Assistant
Southwest Missouri State University
Springfield, MO