Subject: Paste cooker

Paste cooker

From: Toby Murray <tfm>
Date: Tuesday, August 15, 1995

I have been using a Salton Cook 'n' Stir (Type 8360 Sauce Maker) to
make wheat starch paste since 1988.  The consistency of the paste is
excellent.  I have never had to strain it.

I tried to order directly from Salton, but believe they went out of
business. I purchased the item by mail order from Hammacher
Schlemmer in New York City. They may still carry it, but several
other companies are now making a similar item, including T-Fal.
Check local kitchen supply shops--it's become a popular wedding gift
for yuppies.

Toby Murray
McFarlin Library
University of Tulsa