Subject: Lamination equipment

Lamination equipment

From: Mark Vine <100436.3447>
Date: Monday, August 14, 1995
John Grace asked about a machine suitable for archival lamination
using twin consolidating rollers and heat platens.

Going back some 20 years to my days as Technical and Development
Manager for Archival Aids (a distant sadly no more division of
Ademco., the originators of dry mounting whose name, for those of
you interested, stood for the Adhesive Dry Mounting Company), there
were two models that filled the bill. One--the Semi-Matic
Laminator--was then made by Ademco; the other--the Arbee
Laminator--was, if I recall correctly, manufactured in North
America.

The Semi-Matic Laminator still provides the best lamination which is
down to the combination of its twin (no pressure) heating platens
and twin stainless steel cold consolidating rollers. In under 20
seconds the Semi-Matic provides as good a lamination as one can get.
Material sealed in an Arbee or Semi-Matic Laminator is miles better
than any standard, vacuum or power press. At Conservation Resources
UK) Ltd we still offer the Semi-Matic Laminator, though with the
decline in Lamination needs, machines are now only available to
special order.

Mark G. Vine
Managing Director
Conservation Resources,