Subject: Source for Atlantis Silver-Safe paper

Source for Atlantis Silver-Safe paper

From: Mark Vine <100436.3447>
Date: Monday, August 14, 1995
Deborah Derby <dderby [at] getty__edu> writes

>I have been happily using 120 gm Atlantis Silver-Safe paper for the
>past few years and now need to restock our supply.  Can anyone tell
>me if tell me if there is a supplier for this paper

Conservation Resources still offer the original Silversafe quality
in 50 and 120 gsm weights, available from our offices in
Springfield,Virginia and Oxford, England.

A new archival quality material that actively rather than passively
protects the material it is used on will be available in Europe
shortly and is available now in America.

Like other products in the growing MicroChamber range the new 102
gsm (approx// 007) MicroChamber active archival paper actively
protects materials it houses by first trapping and then eliminating
the harmful molecules present as by-products of deterioration and in
the atmosphere surrounding the collection.

Like the original silversafe quality MicroChamber active archival paper
passes standards set for conservation quality materials including
PAT. Samples and full test details are available from

    Conservation Resources International, Inc,
    8000H Forbes Place
    Springfield, Virginia 22151
    USA or

    Conservation Resources (UK) Ltd, Unit 1