Subject: Storage cases

Storage cases

From: John Grace <jgrace>
Date: Tuesday, August 8, 1995
William Real <realw [at] clpgh__org> writes

>Does anyone out there have any experience with flat files or similar
>storage equipment manufactured by Mayline Company with AKSO 895
>baking enamel finishes?

The National Archives of Canada is purchasing map storage cabinets
for a new storage facility.  Our specification calls for an
epoxy-polyester hybrid dry powder paint coating.  It is
electrostatically applied without the use of solvents.  If you wish
to avoid the possibility of off-gassing from insufficiently baked
enamel paints, I would recommend looking into powder coat paints.

John Grace
Archives Headquarters Accommodation Project
National Archives of Canada
John Grace
Archives Headquarters Accommodation Project
National Archives of Canada
613-995-4471
Fax: 613-995-0179

                  Distributed: Monday, August 14, 1995