Subject: Position at Avery Gallery

Position at Avery Gallery

From: Karen Motylewski <kmoty>
Date: Wednesday, August 2, 1995
I was contacted by Shay Avery, owner of Avery Gallery in Marietta,
GA (404-427-2459) who would like to hire an in-house conservator to
work on cosmetic treatment of art on paper and documents.  He would
like to pay $1500/mo to start, might be able to increase salary a
little after the shakedown period. He has never had a formally
trained conservator, and was given a pretty cold shoulder (by his
story) from AIC.  It sounds to me like a nice opportunity for
someone who's got some experience and would like to go on to one of
the training programs, or who really wants to live in the Atlanta
area. (If anybody's sneering, remember that he's going to hire
somebody, and better he should have somebody who knows something.)

Karen Motylewski
Directory, Preservation and Conservation Studies
University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX 78712-1276
512-471-8291
Fax: 512-471-8285