Subject: On/off sprinkler heads

On/off sprinkler heads

From: Gail Greve <gggrev>
Date: Monday, July 31, 1995
    **** Moderator's comments:
    This query comes from a person who is not on the DistList and
    will not see any responses that are posted here.  Please respond
    directly to sender and post it here as well

We are planning a new research library and have selected on/off
sprinkler heads for our fire protection system.  The sprinkler heads
will be used with a wet system.  We chose a wet system based on
reported maintenance problems with dry systems.

Recently, we learned that Australia is banning on/off sprinkler
heads because of leakage problems with ones that have been installed
there. We do know that there has been a history of leaks with two
manufacturer's on/off heads, but thought that the problem had been
corrected in their latest products.

Does anyone know of a library that has used on/off sprinkler heads
for the last 5-10 years, either with or without problems?

Gail Greve
Associate Curator of Special Collections
Colonial Williamsburg Foundation Library
P.O. Box 1776
Williamsburg, Virginia  23187-1776
804-220-7421
Fax:   804-221-8902