Subject: History of Brooklyn Museum

History of Brooklyn Museum

From: Jean D. Portell <jeandp>
Date: Tuesday, July 25, 1995
The first writing for my conservation-history project will be an
article about the development of conservation at one
institution--the Brooklyn Museum (TBM), New York, from the turn of
the century to the end of Sheldon & Caroline Keck's about-30-year
employment there (to ca. 1964). I would appreciate hearing from (or
about) anyone who worked at TBM in any capacity during that time and
has vivid memories of the museum. Also, I would like to hear from
people in other institutions or private practice (in the USA and
abroad) who, during that period, had memorable conversations with
the Kecks about conservation. I am happy to add that Mrs. Keck and
TBM's present staff are being very helpful.  Please contact me by
e-mail or by letter to:

    Jean D. Portell
    13 Garden Place
    Brooklyn, NY 11201-4580