Subject: Daguerreotypes

Daguerreotypes

From: Owen Bradford <owen.bradford>
Date: Tuesday, July 11, 1995
My special collections librarian has recently brought me around a
dozen daguerreotypes from approximately 1840 in the hope that I can
preserve/restore the faint images they portray.

Each one is around 8 inches by 12 inches and have mounts both being
held under glass using edging  tape. Most are images of Niagara
Falls and at least one is of Rome. Some are quite badly tarnished.
Any advice will be greatly received and thanks in advance for any
help given.

Owen Bradford
Deputy Bindery Manager
The Robinson Library