Subject: Removing chewing gum from leather

Removing chewing gum from leather

From: Alison Wain <awain>
Date: Thursday, July 6, 1995
A few weeks ago I wrote asking if anyone could tell me how to remove
chewing gum from leather.  Everone who replied suggested freezing or
at least lowering the temperature of the gum so that it becaue
brittle and snapped off, and many people asked me to tell them if
this worked OK. The request was actually on behalf of another
person, and that person chose instead to use  a wooden stick to
remove the gum.  So sorry folks, I can't say how lowering the
temperature works except that it sounds like a fine idea to me.
Thanks,

Alison Wain
Museum of Victoria
27 Francis St.