Subject: Analytical studies

Analytical studies

From: James Martin <james.s.martin>
Date: Wednesday, June 21, 1995
I am writing to solicit interest among members of this list for
communication among scientists and conservators who engage in
analysis of historic and artistic works, structures, etc.  This
could be a useful supplement to literature searches, providing
sources for unpublished information in a timely manner, and allowing
people working on similar projects to communicate.

For example, we are currently analyzing samples from fourteen
paintings by Grant Wood for an upcoming exhibition and would be
interested in hearing from anyone who has also analyzed works by
Wood.

If anyone has suggestions or comments about this idea ...

James Martin
Director of Analytical Services
Associate Conservator of Paintings
Williamstown Art Conservation Center