Subject: Marking books

Marking books

From: Christopher Anglim <anglim>
Date: Wednesday, June 21, 1995
I have volunteered to answer this momentous question for the general
collections at our library: We are trying to determine which would
work out better, a stamp or a sticker which states "Library Use
Only" for items that do not circulate. Our questions are: 1) whether
a stamp or sticker is best in terms of use, cost, etc 2) determine
where on a volume this would be most effectively placed, and what
vendors would be best to use for this project.

    **** Moderator's comments: Let's try to keep the answers to this
    query focused on preservation matters. Comments on other aspects
    of the question should be sent directly to Chris

Chris Anglim
Special Collections/Government Documents Librarian
South Texas College of Law Library

                 Distributed: Wednesday, June 21, 1995