Subject: Playback equipment

Playback equipment

From: James W. Mason <masonjw>
Date: Tuesday, June 20, 1995
Like so many other libraries, Kansas State has accumulated tons of
the old, un-rare, 78 rpm recordings; mostly as gifts that the owners
didn't want, but we said "Sure!"  I'm aware that most of these 78's
have been reformatted, but it has been decided that we should have
something on which to play the old disks.

Does anyone know of a source for an institutional-use but relatively
inexpensive player for 78 rpm recordings?

Jim
Preservation Librarian
Kansas State University Libraries

                 Distributed: Wednesday, June 21, 1995