Subject: Light exposure limits for art on paper

Light exposure limits for art on paper

From: Wlodek Witek <wlodek.witek>
Date: Thursday, June 15, 1995
This entry is posted on behalf of Magdalena Godzimirska, Paper
conservator, Munch Museum.

    The Munch museum has a considerable collection of works of art
    on paper which is widely exhibited. We are therefore interested
    in information about other museums` guidelines concerning time
    of exposure to light during exhibition. If your museum has
    rules/regulations for works of art on paper, their exposure time
    and periods of "rest" we kindly ask you to answer our following
    questions:

        1.  What are your rules and regulations? (e.g. lux hours,
            defined periods etc.)

        2.  What are your decisions based on:

            a. Literature (sources).
            b. Your own experience.

    If you know of other museums that operate with such guidelines,
    we would be very grateful to know which they are. We would
    greatly appreciate your reply.

    Magdalena Godzimirska
    Paper conservator
    Munch-Museet