Subject: Grain of bookcloth

Grain of bookcloth

From: Steve Reitci <sanborn>
Date: Monday, June 5, 1995
Just out of curiosity, has anyone actually *seen* the results of a
binding which has the grain of the cloth perpendicular to the grain of
the paper or the boards? I know how grain direction in the other parts of
the book can cause problems, but I have never heard what effect the cloth
alone would have.

Steve Reitci

                   Distributed: Tuesday, June 6, 1995