Subject: Shelving suppliers

Shelving suppliers

From: Geoffrey I. Brown <gibrown>
Date: Wednesday, May 24, 1995
recommend that you talk to Bruce Danielson, President of Delta
Designs, Ltd, 913-234-2244, Topeka, KS.  They build custom or
"standard" cabinets for museum storage to extremely high quality,
and can fabricate anything to your specific needs.  We are using one
of our storage cabinets to store some huge and heavy bound volumes.
We are using Delta's standard drawer configuration, but a shelf with
full-suspension glides would be more appropriate for more frequently
accessed materials.  Our volumes are very rarely accessed (read
almost never).  I am sure that Delta would be happy to fabricate
shelving units with roll-out shelves instead of their more usual
cabinets with doors.  Their prices are high relative to typical
library shelving, but they are very competitive with other museum
storage furniture fabricators and their quality is extremely high.

Geoffrey Brown
Kelsey Museum
University of Michigan

                  Distributed: Wednesday, May 31, 1995