Subject: Identistrips

Identistrips

From: Christopher Anglim <anglim>
Date: Monday, May 22, 1995
I am making this query on behalf of my institution's cataloging
department and myself. We have had problems, in dealing with our
rare books, which are cataloged using "rare book identistrips" and
not marked elsewhere. The problem has arisen in a very few instances
where the identistrip becomes separated from the book creating
confusion over whether the book has been processed and where it is
to go in the library. If any of you have dealt with this problem, I
would be interested in what methods have been found to successfully
remedy the problem.

Chris Anglim
Special Collections
Librarian