Subject: Photocopying manuscripts

Photocopying manuscripts

From: Beverly J. Mahoney <bmahoney>
Date: Tuesday, May 23, 1995
We are interested in research statistics for fading of manuscripts
written in iron gall ink as a result of photocopying.  We are also
interested in institutional policies that specifically prohibit
photocopying of original documents written in iron gall ink, and the
research that is the basis of that prohibition.

Ramona Duncan-Huse
Head of Conservation
Indiana Historical Society

Beverly J. Mahoney