Subject: MARC field 583

MARC field 583

From: Barbara Lilley <blilley>
Date: Tuesday, May 23, 1995
The ALCTS/PARS MARC 583 task force will be meeting at ALA Annual.
The meeting will take place on Saturday June 24 from 8 a.m. -  9a.m.
at the Hyatt-Columbian.

A draft document has been created and is available on the Web.  The
address is:  http://nervm.nerdc.ufl.edu/~erikess/

    **** Moderator's comments:   There is also a link to this
    document in the WWW facet of Conservation OnLine
    (http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/)

If anyone would like a paper copy I would be happy to mail one to
you. I can be reached at: 518-486-4864 or by email at
blilley [at] unix2__nysed__gov

We will be discussing this document at our meeting.  If you are
unable to attend you may send me your comments via email.

Barbara Lilley
Chair MARC 583 Task Force

                  Distributed: Wednesday, May 24, 1995