Subject: Removing ink from CDs

Removing ink from CDs

From: Sandy Brooks <sbrooks>
Date: Thursday, May 11, 1995
Yolanda Warren <warren.y [at] fs__library__wlu__edu> writes

>We need to remove writing in permanent marker from about 50 music
>CDs.   Could you recommend a solvent that will take this writing off
>the disk (and leave the printed information on the CD intact)?

We use simple rubbing alcohol to remove permanent marker from
music CDs--it does not affect the printed writing on the CD.
It comes off so easily with rubbing alcohol that I almost
don't consider the marker "permanent".

Sandy Brooks
Scores & Recordings
Olin Library