Subject: Foil-backed book labels

Foil-backed book labels

From: Susan Moon <moons>
Date: Monday, May 8, 1995
We have been using University Products foil-backed labels for call
numbers on library materials for the past two years.  Recently we
have noticed that quite a percentage are peeling off, even though
they are burnished when applied.  We have had some problems with
high humidity in the stack area, on occasion.  Could this account
for the peeling? We are most anxious to find a label that will
adhere, without heat application procedures, and that will not
damage the books.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, what do you recommend?

Susan Malkoff Moon, Head Librarian
Spencer Art Reference Library
Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
4252 Oak Street, Kansas City, MO 64111