Subject: Paper clips

Paper clips

From: Jane M. Brown <brownjm>
Date: Thursday, April 27, 1995
When I came to work at the Waring Historical Library plastic clips
Plastiklips were used in abundance.  As you mention, we have found
evidence of damage to materials on which they have been used.  We
are gradually trying to convert to other methods.  We do use
stainless steel and like them, but there is creasing in their use
and may not be the best choice either.  I realize this takes up more
space, but extra foldering provides a solution in some cases.  We
find that we use several different solutions for various situations.

Jane Brown
Waring Historical Library
Charleston, SC

                 Distributed: Saturday, April 29, 1995