Subject: Alternatives to Ablebond 342-1

Alternatives to Ablebond 342-1

From: Linda Strauss <m.strauss>
Date: Monday, April 24, 1995
I finally got around to reading the April 9 Cons DistList and I felt
that I should help clarify the recommendation for Epo-Tek 301.  I am
a long time user of products produced by this company and in general
I have been very satisfied.  However, there is a problem with
Epo-Tek 301.  It may not set in the presence of air.  It can be used
for tight joints but not fills or joints with slight gaps. Epoxy
Technology fixed the problem with a product called Epo-Tek 301-2 and
this is the epoxy that I would recommend to replace Ablebond.
Epo-Tek 301-2 has the same excellent ageing properties and
resistance to yellowing as 301 or Ablebond.  In contrast to Hextal,
it is very thin when first mixed, it sets much faster, and it is
half the price.

Linda Strauss

                 Distributed: Saturday, April 29, 1995