Subject: Routing information for serials

Routing information for serials

From: Jeanne Eichelberger <jeichelb>
Date: Tuesday, April 18, 1995
slips to serials, why not just put the serial(s) into a large envelope and
tape the routing slip to the outside of the envelope?  That's how we circulate
virtually everything--newsletters and serials, vendors' catalogs, collections
of memos everyone needs to see, you name it.  If you're worried about the
envelope somehow getting separated from its contents (we haven't had this
problem, but one never knows how uproarious we librarians might get if turned
loose with a Really Good Serial), I'd suggest making a note on the routing
slip listing the contents of the envelope.  One advantage of the envelope
method is that you can circulate as many or as few items at once as you wish
(within reason, of course).  Saves on routing slips.

Jeanne Eichelberger
State University of New York at Binghamton

                  Distributed: Sunday, April 23, 1995