Subject: Client/restorer relations

Client/restorer relations

From: Dominique Rogers <do>
Date: Sunday, April 16, 1995
This is a request I am posting for another student in my conservation
course.

    I am undertaking a study of the relationship between furniture
    restorers and their clients, in UK, Europe, and the US. I am
    particularly interested in the extent to which it influences the
    treatment to objects. I have the literature published by the UKIC
    on it, and the code of ethics published by AIC, is there any other
    literature on this subject? I am also looking for info on "The
    increasing trend for museums to contract out conservation work to
    the private sector.

I will pass on any replies, thank you.

Dominique Rogers

                  Distributed: Monday, April 17, 1995