Subject: Book measuring devices

Book measuring devices

From: Bas van Velzen <eland>
Date: Thursday, April 13, 1995
>From: Robert J. Milevski <milevski [at] princeton__edu>
>Cathy Atwood <catwood [at] mail__more__net> writes
>
>>I am interested in devices that are used to measure books in order to
>>make boxes for the books.
>
>We have a book measuring device from Mike Waters of Custom Manufacturing
>Inc (CMI MicroClimates)

Mike Waters makes a machine "the Boxmaker II" that can make corrugated
board clamshell boxes. The machine can make these boxes automatically
when you feed it with the book sizes. In order to do so he developed a
measuring device that can feed its measurements in a laptop computer. It
works with magnetic measure rulers that will translate a small magnetic
current to a digital number(?)if I remember correctly. I saw this device
(hooked up to the machine) in St. Petersburg last september and it
seemed to work well. Mike Waters can be contacted at:

    Microclimates
    PO box 1215
    21727 Emmitsburg Maryland
    email <CMIboxes [at] aol__com>

Bas van Velzen
Jonge Eland papierestauratie
Oude Looiersstraat 65-67
1016 VH Amsterdam
+31 20 623 79 89
Fax: +31 20 627 32 23
VeRes (Dutch Association of Professional Restorers)
postbus 11503
1001 GM Amsterdam

                  Distributed: Monday, April 17, 1995