Subject: Bookbinding training opportunities in Europe

Bookbinding training opportunities in Europe

From: Geert Maas <abmag>
Date: Thursday, April 6, 1995
Mark Vine <100436.3447 [at] compuserve__com> writes:

> I find it remarkable that this important historical craft seems by all
> accounts to be being allowed to die in Europe as Training Institutes
> drop courses from their syllabus.

A recent conversation with a commercial bookbinder leads me to believe
the situation in Holland isn't much better. As far as I know (I'm no
expert in the field) we are in dire need of teachers. Right now most of
the new binders receive their training in-company. Greetings,

Geert Maas
Centrale BibliotheekDienst Universiteit Utrecht
P.O. Box 16007
Wittevrouwenstr. 7-11
3500 DA Utrecht
Netherlands