Subject: Colorimetry software

Colorimetry software

From: Sarah Lowengard <sarahl>
Date: Monday, April 3, 1995
About a year ago Testfabrics (a supplier for which I work as a
conservation consultant) came out with some color measurement software
for their technical textile-testing clients.  This program converts
light readings into grey-scales, stores and compares them. (These are
b&w, although the reading also provides l*a*b* and I think other numbers
as well).

We are trying to decide if, without significant rewriting, this program
would have applications in conservation.  I think it could be very
useful, but I'm not 100% sure how--I need the input and experience of
others. I hope to be able to bring the apparatus to AIC but, because
time is always short at meetings, I would like to hear from (or hear
*of*) anyone with an interest in or experience with color measurement
systems before then. Thanks,

Sarah Lowengard
New York City

                   Distributed: Sunday, April 9, 1995