Subject: Hair Acrylic adhesives

Hair Acrylic adhesives

From: Stephen Koob <koobs>
Date: Tuesday, April 4, 1995
Now that I know what's in 3M #4475 I do not even have any interest in
trying it.  And yes, I do use B-72 in a great number of treatments, and
it does have good reasons for "defense" and justification.  However, I
do agree with Geoffrey Brown that it does not do all things equally
well, and "discretion is the better part of...conservation". Still, I am
very pleased with its workability and reversibility, as well as other
adhesive properties.  It is compatible with cellulose nitrate adhesives,
and by modifying the solvents and solids ratio, it may be suitable for
Mark Vine's hair problem.  I recommend testing on a mock-up, and suggest
that the acetone may be less of a problem for the re-treatment aspect
than applying an adhesive with MEK (though I doubt it is the only
solvent in 4475).

                   Distributed: Sunday, April 9, 1995