Subject: Alternatives to Ablebond 342-1

Alternatives to Ablebond 342-1

From: Mark Vine <100436.3447>
Date: Monday, March 27, 1995
Last July we received notification that Ablebond 342-1
was to be discontinued and that a replacement product
was being sought by the American manufacturers.
Last week our stocks ran out. We have no word on any
alternative product and I wonder what people use as an
alternative. I am familiar with Hxtal but the product's
producers do not appear to be exporting the product much
to the distress of many European conservators.
Can anyone suggest alternative epoxy systems that have
been tested and are suitable for Conservation use.

Mark G. Vine
Conservation Resources, England

                 Distributed: Thursday, March 30, 1995