Subject: RH/Temperature indicator cards

RH/Temperature indicator cards

From: Hilary A. Kaplan <bm.gsk>
Date: Thursday, March 30, 1995
I believe the humidity cards that Claire Dean is searching for are
available from Humidial (909) 825 1793.  These cards have a border that
is the color to match for reading humidity. This is very useful because
one of the long standing problems of the white border cards was knowing
just what color was to be interpreted as "between pink and blue."

These humidity cards also have a temperature reading, available as
liquid crystal or alcohol thermometer.  I have found the liquid crystal
reading to be much more accurate than the alcohol thermometer.

Catalog numbers for these cards are:

    humidity/liquid crystal: 6203-LCC
    humidity/alcohol: 6203-LCC

Prices for the liquid crystal are:

    100 cards (minimum order) 90 cents per card
    300 cards, 86 cents per cards
    500 cards, 83 cents per card

(I believe the humidity/alcohol thermometer cards differ somewhat in
price)

These cards do not replace the recorded information available from a
hygrothermograph, but are useful to gain "ballpark" readings at a number
of locations.

Hilary A. Kaplan
Conservator
Georgia Department of Archives and History
330 Capitol Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30334
404-656-3554
Fax: 404-651-8471