Subject: The Preservation Educators' Exchange Web site

The Preservation Educators' Exchange Web site

From: Robert L. DeCandido <bronxbob>
Date: Monday, March 27, 1995
PRESED-X
The Preservation Educators' Exchange
http://www.well.com/www/bronxbob/presed-x/presed-x.html

PRESED-X is a new World Wide Web site for preservation educators. It
contains documents, information and resources educators wish to share
both among themselves and with others who are interested in the teaching
of library and archive preservation.

It includes:

*   Syllabi of full semester courses being given in library schools.

*   Descriptions of workshops, and other continuing education classes.

*   Announcements of upcoming Institutes, Conferences and Workshops.

*   Miscellaneous items of interest.

PRESED-X is designed to complement PRESED-L, the Preservation Educators'
Listserv.

You can post items on the Exchange in either of two ways.

1.  Documents can be sent to me, Robert DeCandido (bronxbob [at] well__com) in
    plain text (ascii) format. I will code into HTML format and mount
    them on the Exchange.

2.  Those with documents already mounted on a web or gopher server can
    have their documents linked from the exchange by informing us of the
    appropriate URL.

    **** Moderator's comments: Links to PRESED-X have been placed in the
    Web facet of Conservation OnLine (http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/)

Robert L. DeCandido