Subject: UV meter

UV meter

From: Mark Vine <100436.3447>
Date: Tuesday, March 21, 1995
In Cons DistList Instance: 8:76, I wrote

>The makers of the renowned Crawford 760 UV meter have produced what I
>believe to be one of the best monitoring gizmos for a long time.
>Slightly on the bulky side it may be, but the 763 wins me over with its
>digitized display. Measuring UV not just as milliwatts per square metre
>but as microwatts per lumen, it also measures visible light in lux and
>temperature (but only in degrees C).

I have been discussing the question of degrees F
measurement by the new 763 unit I was telling
everyone about. I am very pleased to announce that
the new 763 will now measure both Centigrade & Fahrenheit degrees.

The makers tell me that whilst the PC link is designed for IBM
compatible equipment they will supply the programme handbook so that
computer buffs amongst you using Macintoshes can produce your own
software. Apparently if demand warrants it the makers will bring out
software for Mac. My colleagues at CRI in Springfield have technical
data sheets for those of you who would like to know more and will I am
sure be pleased to furnish the information.

Mark G. Vine
Conservation Resources, England

                  Distributed: Tuesday, March 21, 1995