Subject: Time capsules

Time capsules

From: Mark Vine <100436.3447>
Date: Wednesday, March 15, 1995
An interesting dilemma: I have been asked how best to contain two items
from a golf club wishing to insert a time capsule deep below their
course.

A natural enough choice is a golf ball. Balls, I understand, still
contain rubber, a no-no usually, but in this instance will there be a
problem in time? I am also asked how best to include a piece of the
hallowed turf (grass with earth attached). Will the turf survive encased
in the capsule and how best should the turf be preserved within the
capsule.

I thank everyone that has been in touch on this subject. I am now busy
writing my leaflet and much to my wife's distress find myself getting up
in the small hours to jot down notes on the subject.

Mark G. Vine
Conservation Resources UK
England

                  Distributed: Sunday, March 19, 1995