Subject: Termites and nematodes

Termites and nematodes

From: Mary Reinsch Sackett <mreinsch>
Date: Friday, March 17, 1995
One of our leased buildings is under termite attack, both the
subterranean and the drywall varieties. The proposed eradication method
for the subterraneans uses nematodes. Is there any problems associated
with nematodes? Our landscaping is minimal and so I don't expect they
could do much damage to what plant life we have, or to the surrounding
parking lot. I was wondering what happens to the nematodes after they
eat up all the termites around. The drywall termites are going to be
dealt a dose of liquid nitrogen and/or boric acid. Anything I should
know about these methods?

Mary Reinsch Sackett
Getty Center for the History of the Arts

                  Distributed: Sunday, March 19, 1995