Subject: UV meter

UV meter

From: Mark Vine <100436.3447>
Date: Friday, March 17, 1995
The makers of the renowned Crawford 760 UV meter have produced what I
believe to be one of the best monitoring gizmos for a long time.
Slightly on the bulky side it may be, but the 763 wins me over with its
digitized display. Measuring UV not just as milliwatts per square metre
but as microwatts per lumen, it also measures visible light in lux and
temperature (but only in degrees C).

Better still the unit comes with computer interface and PC software so
one can download after measurement. If I have a complaint--and from a
European this is probably going to appear strange--it would be that 763
will only measure in centigrade. The makers tell me there is no demand
for a unit measuring degrees F. I am sure all of you out there will wish
to comment. Incidentally, the unit is only marginally more expensive than
current equipment and can be bought without the software initially.

Mark Vine
Conservation Resources, England
Fax: +44 1865 747035

                  Distributed: Sunday, March 19, 1995