Subject: Fire suppression systems

Fire suppression systems

From: Lynn Campbell <campbelll>
Date: Monday, March 13, 1995
I realise I may get lots of replies to this but I am in a working group
looking at fire prevention systems for art collections. At present we have
a Halon system but we are hoping to replace this system as Halon is now a
illegal gas.  I am looking for comments on water sprinklers verus a gaseous
system, pros and cons.

If there are any publications that people think are worthy of mention I
would be most grateful to hear of them. Many thanks,

    **** Moderator's comments:   Check Conservation OnLine (CoOL)., as
    there is material in the WAAC Newsletter and also this topic has
    been discussed before in the DistList

Lynn Campbell
McDougall Art Gallery
Christchurch, New Zealand