Subject: Food and drink in the library

Food and drink in the library

From: Mark Vine <100436.3447>
Date: Saturday, March 11, 1995
We should all try our best to make visitors to the library or searchroom
aware of the likely results of eating or drinking in the area . My
suggestion to add to the views of others is that offices consider
mounting a small exhibition to visually show visitors the effects of
their wrongs . Many years ago at an exhibition of framing materials I
set aside an area to show the effects of poor quality mounting materials
(for instance the use of acidic boards, animal glues, inferior
materials) the reaction was one of major disbelief and I am in no doubt
that such a portrayal for the "eat-in researchers" would be as
effective. True not everyone will heed the lesson but even if you are
able to turn one head it will have been worthwhile.

Mark Vine
Conservation Resources, England

                  Distributed: Monday, March 13, 1995