Subject: Paige Miracle Box

Paige Miracle Box

From: Lisa Mibach <mibach>
Date: Friday, March 10, 1995
A colleague showed me a Paige Miracle Box which her museum is using for
storage: it comes flat in 5 sizes, unfolds easily, has a double wall and
floor, and according to the manufacturer, the Paige Company
(800-223-1901), "is made of virgin Kraft acid-free material that helps
protect your documents from premature aging.  It also features a special
wax coating that acts as a barrier to guard against moisture.  It even
comes with a separate, tight-fitting cover."

In my innocence, I thought "virgin Kraft acid-free" was an oxymoron.
Does anyone have results of testing of this material (and wax coating),
and/or experience with these boxes?  (The manufacturer sells other
interesting configurations of the same material).

Lisa Mibach

                  Distributed: Monday, March 13, 1995