Subject: POST-IT notes

POST-IT notes

From: Barbara Brown <bbrown>
Date: Thursday, March 9, 1995
This is in response to the posting in the most recent Distlist,
requesting any published information/documentation on problems resulting
from post-it type notes.  One reference of which I'm aware is:
"Conservation Implications of Yellow Sticky Tabs", by Robin Siegel, in
_Topics_in_Photographic_Preservation_, Vol. 3, pp. 66-68. Copyright
1989, Photographic Materials Group of the American Institute for
Conservation.

_Topics..._ is one of several publications available through the AIC
office. They can be contacted at:

    AIC
    1717 K St., N.W., Suite 301
    Washington, D.C.  20006
    202-452-9545
    Fax: 202-452-9328

or, someone you know may have a copy of this volume. I can also attest
to seeing problems of residues left by such notes--even on poor quality,
non-coated paper such as that found in datebooks, planners--even when the
note was present for less than a day. If others know of articles or
other references on the topic, possibly more recent than the one noted
above, please let the Distlist know. Thanks, and hoping this citation
will prove helpful,

Barbara Brown

                  Distributed: Thursday, March 9, 1995