Subject: Separating canvases

Separating canvases

From: Ivy Strickler <strickif>
Date: Thursday, March 9, 1995
Recently we were given 22 paintings (oil on canvas, acrylics on canvas,
and 2 with acrylics and gouache on canvas) which have been removed from
their stretchers and rolled up to ship them. They are now lying in a
stack. I cannot afford to have them stretched at this time. I have been
advised to separate them with silicon-coated mylar but I'm having
trouble finding a source. Can anyone help, or give an alternate material
for separators? Thank you,

Ivy Fleck Strickler
Drexel University
Nesbitt College of Design Arts