Subject: M. Stuart Lynn continues as CPA Vice President

M. Stuart Lynn continues as CPA Vice President

From: Maxine K. Sitts <mksitts>
Date: Thursday, March 2, 1995
M. Stuart Lynn Continues as Commission Vice President To Coordinate
Technology Projects

March 2, 1995.  M. Stuart Lynn, who has served as interim president of
the Commission on Preservation and Access following Patricia Battin's
retirement July 1, 1994,  will continue in a part-time capacity as vice
president of the Commission and remain based in California, consistent
with his personal wishes.  Lynn's primary responsibilities will be the
coordination of two major projects:  the Digital Library Consortium and
the Digital Archiving Task Force.  In addition, Lynn will serve as an
advisor on the technological aspects of  contracts, publications,
programs, and new initiatives of the Commission.

Prior to his work at the Commission, Dr. Lynn was Vice President for
Information Technologies at Cornell University.

   "The Board and I are most grateful to Stuart Lynn for his willingness
    to serve on an interim basis pending completion of the search for a
    permanent president," commented Commission Board Chairman Billy E.
    Frye.  "He has vigorously continued the Commission's programs during
    his tenure. Commuting between Berkeley, CA, and Washington, DC, has
    placed considerable strain on him and his family, but we are excited
    that he will continue to serve in this new capacity with key
    responsibility for the Commission's technology-focused activities."

Deanna Marcum, newly appointed president of the Commission and the
Council on Library Resources, added, "The Commission has been very
fortunate to have someone with Stuart Lynn's knowledge and expertise at
the helm in recent months.  He has been a guiding force in digital
library projects, and I am delighted he has agreed to continue in this
new capacity."

                   Distributed: Sunday, March 5, 1995