Subject: Blood

Blood

From: Colin Pearson <pearson>
Date: Tuesday, February 28, 1995
One of my conservation students, Roberta Rossely, is carrying out
research into the preservation of blood on historic textiles. For
example, clothing of assassinated leaders (eg Nelson and Lincoln), war
memorabilia and archaeological/anthropological textiles.  There is very
little in the published literature on how to preserve blood stains -
lots on how to remove them.  We would be grateful to hear of any case
studies or literature references on this topic.

Professor Colin Pearson
University of Canberra

                Distributed: Tuesday, February 28, 1995