Subject: Fines for food and drink in the library

Fines for food and drink in the library

From: Christopher Anglim <anglim>
Date: Friday, February 24, 1995
I read an article about the University of Oklahoma Libraries citation
system which was implemented in 1985 to control food and drink
consumption in unauthorized areas of the library. See, Weaver-Meyers,
"Fines for Food", College and Research Libraries News 51 (June
1990):536-538. This system was reportedly reasonably effective. I was
wondering what other academic library had implemented such a program and
how it has worked. Thanks,

Chris Anglim
Special Collections/Government Documents Librarian
South Texas College of Law
Houston, TX

                Distributed: Saturday, February 25, 1995