Subject: Wax crayon drawings

Wax crayon drawings

From: Alison Muir <conserve>
Date: Thursday, February 23, 1995
Has anyone any information or experience with the treatment of wax crayon
drawings? I am advising on the conservation of a large (55" x 45") cartoon
by William Conor, 1931, wax crayon on paper, on canvas on a stretcher, upon
which are large areas where the wax crayon is shrinking, cupping, cracking
and flaking. There is also fine mould on the surface.
I have found one sentence in the AIC Paper Conservation Catalogue and no
entry for wax crayons in IPCs Library Guide.

Alison Muir, Paper conservator
Conservation Department
Ulster Museum, Botanic Gardens
Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT9 5AB

                Distributed: Thursday, February 23, 1995