Subject: Preservation strategy

Preservation strategy

From: Marjorie Petterson <mp>
Date: Thursday, February 16, 1995
This item is being posted on behalf of Barbara Koehler

We have 90,000 aging volumes in remote storage for which we are seeking
some kind of preservation/maintenance solution. We are wondering how
other libraries are handling these aging collections (in this case
medical materials pre-dating 1960)? Are you planning to keep your
growing physical collections despite the great expense associated with
this option? Are you planning large weeding projects? Consortia
arrangements to maintain volumes in a certain geographical area? using
scanning/imaging technology and discarding the physical volumes?

Please contact me directly with any pertinent information. Thanks,

Barbara Koehler
bmk [at] welch__jhu__edu

                 Distributed: Sunday, February 19, 1995