Subject: Hand scanners

Hand scanners

From: Trevor Cooper <bihr1>
Date: Friday, February 17, 1995
A colleague in Warwick has asked me to post this question:

    Is there any consensus about the use of hand-held digital scanners
    by members of the public? So far requests to use them have been low
    in number, but as the technology becomes more available it is likely
    that the number of requests of this sort will increase, and it would
    be good to have some kind of policy in place to deal with them.

    Worries include the light levels used by these things and possible
    damage by the scanner (ie rolling over the scanned surface).

    If anyone has any experience of scanners and any information about
    light levels etc I would be very pleased to know.