Subject: Food and drink in the library

Food and drink in the library

From: Lisa Fox <lfox>
Date: Thursday, February 16, 1995
Christopher Anglim <anglim [at] starbase__neosoft__com> writes

>Because it would be very difficult to enforce a "no drinks" policy, Our
>library would like to strongly encourage its users to drink their
>beverages in covered beverage containers to avoid spill damage to books.

The one place I've seen this practice in force was the Washington and
Lee University Library.  Preservation Coordinator there (last I heard)
is Yolanda Warren (warren.y [at] fs__library__wlu__edu, 703-563-8662).  It's my
understanding that they adopted the practice for the same reasons you
mention: general resignation about the likelihood of successfully
barring beverages altogether.

Lisa Fox
840 Rosedale Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30312-3626

                 Distributed: Sunday, February 19, 1995