Subject: Tours during AIC meeting

Tours during AIC meeting

From: Debbie Hess Norris <debra.norris>
Date: Friday, February 17, 1995
Thought that I should take a moment to clarify issues and questions
recently raised in the distlist surrounding museum tours at the St.
Paul AIC annual meeting.  The opening reception is taking place at the
Minnesota History Center. The Minnesota Historical Society is part of
this complex and will certainly be open for tours.  This will include
tours of their newly-renovated conservation labs which I am sure many
will be interested in seeing. Also, the Book and Paper Group is
sponsoring a ticketed reception at the Minnesota Center for the Book
Arts (details on the registration form).

In the past museum tours have typically included visits to conservation
labs where they exist--I assume that this will be true in St. Paul as
well.  There is certainly no reason to limit these tours to museums and
I am sure that the AIC office and future local arrangement committees
would welcome the opportunity to arrange tours of libraries and
archives.  (At this date, however, it would be difficult to change the
tours scheduled for St. Paul.)

I can assure you that the AIC welcomes your suggestions related to the
annual meeting (content, schedule, tours, etc.)--input on these (and
many other) issues is appreciated and necessary.  While the AIC
continues to be as inclusive and proactive as possible, we must at the
same time rely on suggestions for change and future activities from our
membership.  (While I have personally spoken with the individual who
expressed sincere concern with the logistics of the St. Paul
meeting....I am still more accustomed to one on one communication but I
am learning quickly...I thought that I should also share my response
with all of you.)

Debbie Hess Norris
AIC President

                 Distributed: Sunday, February 19, 1995